Saturday 15 July 2017

My take on the moodboard, (Part 2) - By Tania

Hi again!! Well, for my previous post here on the blog, I made some die cut embellishments, inspired by the moodboard, using the gorgeous die cut shapes from the Dear Lizzy, HAPPY PLACE collection.
This time, I'm here to share a layout I made using a few of those embellishments and coordinating papers. 
Here's a pic of the embellishments to jog your memory!


And here's the layout!!



I used some small doilies, & patterned paper to anchor my clusters on the page. (The papers are also from the HAPPY PLACE collection.) So, for the cluster at the bottom left of the layout, the only things I added, were a cut doily & patterned paper strip.



I nearly always use the rule of thirds on my layout, the visual triangle as some of you may know it. So I cut my doilies and used 3 of these pieces. The die cut cluster on the right of my page, went on top of the doily and slightly overlapped my photo and backing papers. I only added 1 patterned paper strip to the bottom of the cluster.



The small cluster on the top was made with patterned paper and some hand made embellishments. (A small pair of sunnies, (fussy cut,) and some punched paper dots with Glossy accents added on top.) The word sticker is from the Heidi Swapp, September Skies, word strips.





I have added some journaling to the back of the tag which sits behind the photo!


I hope that I've inspired you to play along with our moodboard, and helped you discover an easy way of making a layout come together quickly. All you need is some patterned paper and matching die cuts, and a few other bits and pieces you are sure to have in your crafty stash.
See you next time,
Tania


No comments:

Post a Comment