Sunday 4 February 2018

My Super Quick Canvas

Good morning to all our SC readers so glad you have come across to our blog for a peek, I hope your weekend is going well and that your Sunday is a relaxing one.

I am so excited to share today's blog post - I just love the fabulous Jane Davenport, she is so very clever and her drawings definitely inspire me to create.

Jane's new release of products included a JUMBO RUBON at first I was going to rub it straight to a wall in my Art Studio but where is the fun in that right......


So I pulled out a large canvas 20 x 32 inch canvas and sprayed lightly with some water I then painted a rough coat of black paint all over the canvas and edges leaving some white space.


Once the canvas was covered and dry I then painted around the edges randomly with Art Anthology Gemstones Dimensional Paint Blue Topaz, I love how this paint is thick and it has a glaze type finish. I also added touches of the Art Anthology Sorbet Dimensional paint Honolulu Blue around the edges which has a glitter finish.


I then painted some Liquitex Heavy Body Titanium White paint across the black layer using some water and a large brush.


Using 3D Gloss Gel and some gorgeous metallic wrapping paper in several designs I glued random torn pieces around the edge of the canvas.



Using Sienna Colour Blast Paste and a Dylusions stencil I placed it randomly around the edges of the canvas and set aside to dry.


Using a wet wipe and some Inka gold Marsala I randomly rubbed some colour around the edges of the canvas.


I then added another layer around the edges using Dina Wakley's Printed Media Tape


Using Bo Bunny Glitter Paste Turquoise ( I LOVE THIS STUFF) I added some glittery magic in random sections of the Canvas.




Using Super Heavy gesso and some Colour Blast Shimmer Dust Candy and some Ken Oliver Color Burst Cadmium Scarlet I made my own colour texture paste using a stencil, again I randomly placed it around the canvas and set aside to dry.

ONCE ALL THESE LAYERS ARE DRY - ITS TIME FOR THE JUMBO RUBON




Place the rub-on on the canvas exactly where you want it and start gently rubbing the surface bit by bit slowly pulling the top film away to reveal the rub-on transfer adhered to your canvas.


Yes, I added yet another layer, some text was needed, so I have used some Tim Holtz Tissue paper and the Soft Gel to adhere random sections to the Canvas.


More Bo Bunny Paste (I told you I love it), I painted around the outside edges of the rub-on.


I have used the Mod Spiral Stencil and some Liquitex Black Lava to add even more dimension and colour to the canvas, using a heat gun to dry off and develop the beautiful Black Glitter paste.



More dimension around the canvas with the Whipped spackle, I love working with this as it's  so easy to use through a stencil.

Almost complete just needed to add my Journaling.......




So easy with the amazing Tim Holtz idea-ology foam stamps and some black paint. I stamped on some marshmallow cardstock, set aside to dry, and then cut each word out and adhered them around the hair and head of the gorgeous ru-bon.




I just love how my canvas has turned out.
I'm definitely hanging it in my scrappy space...

I hope you enjoyed the process.
See you all next week, be sure to keep popping in for all the awesome
Design Team Posts throughout the week.



2 comments: